Monday, 23 January 2012

Faking It ! St. Tropez ♥

Hi Everyone, Hope You all had a lovely weekend, Mine was very chillaxed and involved a 3hour session on Call of Duty with my boyfriend !!! (so not glamourous but a laugh anyways!!).

So Today I'm going to be babbling on about fake tan, I don't religiously use fake tan everyweek but i'm just going to show which products I use, How I apply & what I use to maintain it.

First of All the main fake Tan I love & use is St. Tropez. You can't go wrong spending a little extra on a product that if applied properly wont streak, wont leave You with Orange knee's & elbows; But that will give You a long lasting, natural golden tan ♥

Preparation

I always make sure I wax/shave 24hours before applying my fake tan and I exfoliate all of my body & concentrate on my elbows, knees, wrists, ankles & any places where my skin is really dry, Then I use a moisturiser after exfoliating and again put a little extra on those dry areas.


The Products I use... Exfoliator: Boots Extracts Mango Sugar scrub. Moisuriser: Boots Extracts Mango Body Butter.

The Tan !

So after all the Preping the day before I DONT put any moisturiser on before my tan, only just a tiny bit on those dry areas again just so the tan doesn't grab much stronger in those areas & leave me with orange patches ! >.< *not a good look*

So the 2 types of St. Tropez I either use is the St. Tropez Gradual Tan Medium-Dark or The St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse.


St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse & Gradual Tan- Everyday Body Moisturiser.

I really do love the outcome of The Self Tan Bronzing Mousse as just after one application you are left with a gorgeous golden tan, where-as The Gradual Tan does give you a gorgeous glow after 1-2 applications but it all depends on how quick & how dark you want your desired tan.
I Do prefer using the Gradual Tan in Autumn/Winter as I dont feel the need for a deep golden tan and yet more of a nice golden glow.

Application

So to apply my fake tan i use a tanning mitt with the mousse & I normally apply this one before bed as you have to wash it off after a few hours to get your desired tan underneath. And why not get your tan to do its work while your sleeping *bonus!*. Then the gradual tan I apply anytime of the day and just use my hands to apply as when you've finished applying the gradual tan You can wash your hands with a little exfoliator & hand wash & I never have any tan on there.

Maintainance

To maintain a tan I will Moisturise daily & exfoliate every 2-3 days & if i'm using the Mousse I will usually apply again after 5-7 days depending on how bad its fading & the Gradual Tan I will use everyday until I get the desired Tan & Top it up every 2-3 days again depending on how bad its fading.

So there is my Tanning regime! I know most of You will probably use this way in your regime but for all you none tanning guru's i just thought i'd put it up for You.

Thanks for reading, hope your all having a marvelous Monday.

Sarah x




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig