Thursday, 7 March 2013

Recipe | Homemade Toad in the Hole

Hi Lovelies, A recipe post for you today.
I'm a fan of cooking... But not of the washing up that comes with it! And I love to cook as many Homemade meals as I can each week, So I thought I would start doing a few recipe posts in my blog of my favourite Homemade meals I love to cook.

Homemade Toad in the Hole.
 
 
 Serves 3-4
You will need:
6-8 Pork Sausages
1 onion (optional)
225g Plain Flour
4 Eggs
250ml Milk
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
1-2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
 
 
Step 1.
Preheat the oven to 200C or Gas 6.
Add desired amount of Sausages to a medium baking dish with 1-2 tablespoons of Vegetable oil and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until sausages are slightly brown.
 
 
Step 2.
While the Sausages are browning off in the oven prepare the Batter Mix.
Add 225g of Plain Flour and 4 Eggs to a bowl and gradually whisk in the milk until you have a batter consistency, then add a pinch of salt and pepper.
Leave aside until needed.

 
 
Step 3.
Once the Sausages have browned off in the oven add 1 chopped onion (if desired) followed by the batter mix.
 
 
Step 4.
Place in the oven and leave to cook on 200C Gas 6 for 30-35 minutes or until Yorkshire pudding has risen and is golden brown.
 

 
Step 5.
Serve the Toad in the Hole with your favourite side dishes.
My favourite is to serve with mash potato and some seasonal vegetables.

 


Now who's going to do the washing up?


P.S I would love to hear your comments on me doing a few recipe posts on my blog and also if you do try the recipe then please let me know what you think.
Plus if you have a favourite Homemade meal you love to cook then let me know below.
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig