Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Guest Post | Water Marble Nails by Stacey - Cece Beauty


Hey guys! It’s Stacey from Cece Beauty! The lovely Sarah has kindly offered me to do a guest post on her blog and I’m so excited because I’m going to share with you my favourite way to do my nails - water marbling!
Water marbling is actually super easy to do and you can do so many fun designs with it. When I first done this to my nails, I found it complicated and a long process but with a bit of practice, it becomes a lot easier, I don’t even have to think about it!

What you need:


A few different colours of nail polish (preferably quite new polish as the thinner the consistency the easier it is to do!)
White nail polish
A small cup filled with water at room temperature
Some tape to make the cleaning process a little easier
A cocktail stick to make the design in the water
Nail polish remover 
Cotton buds/ Q-tips 
A top coat to protect your design!

Steps! 

1. First you need to paint all your nails with the white, making sure its opaque! This makes the other colours more vibrant and  opaque on the nail!

2. Use the tape and  apply it all around the nail bed of each finger. This means after your nails are done you can just peel the tape off instead of spending ages trying to remove all the excess polish from your finger!

3. Now this is the tricky part that people struggle with! Take your first colour and add a drop of it into the cup of water. The polish should spread evenly along the surface of the water. If it does not, you may need to adjust the temperature of the water or use a different polish!
4. Then add a drop of the next colour directly in the middle of the last, and keep going until you feel you have enough drops of colour. This step needs to be done quickly as the polish will dry on the surface of the water. 

5. Next take a cocktail stick and gently swirl it in the colours to make a unique design. 
With your nail facing down, dip your finger into the water on top of the piece of the design you want on your nail, hold for a few seconds and with a cotton bud (finger should still be in the cup, don’t move it!) collect the polish that is around your finger. It will be dry by this stage meaning it will collect on the bud easily.

6.Take your finger out and wollllaa, you have a crazy design on your nails!

7. Remove the tap, and clean up any excess polish with polish remover and a cotton bud. 

8. Add a top coat to your design to stop it from chipping!

AND YOU’RE DONE!!

This picture was after I removed the tape. See, it makes the cleaning up part so much easier!!


I’ve done this to my nails sooo much and I absolutely love it. I always get compliments on it or questions like ‘’how did you do that?!’’ or ‘’are they real?’’. It’s a great way to jazz up you nails, and you can use as many colours as you want, and each time is different, so you’re always guaranteed a unique design!

Some of my other designs:


Thank you so much for reading this, I hope you try this technique out for yourself! If you do, please feel free to tweet me a picture of it! 

Also please follow me here! 
Twitter - @cecebeautyy
Instagram - Stacey_roe
Bloglovin - cecebeauty

Thanks again to the lovely Sarah for giving me the chance to share this with you all! She’s one of my favourite bloggers so its great to be able to do a post on her amazing blog!!
I hope you enjoyed!

Stacey xo

Hope you all enjoyed Stacey's Post, Don't forget to go and check out my MAC Lipstick Giveaway x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great post! I really love the look of these nails but for some reason it never works for me, however after reading your pointers especially on the bits where people usually go wrong I am definitely going to try this again now! Thanks :D x

    Beaumaquillagex | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I ever tried doing this once but I failed :(
    Will try to do this again next time! Hope I will succeed following your tutorial :)

    everythingaboutbella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bookmarked, and thank you for the tutorial! I was wondering how on earth that was done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely design you have made.Loved it.body paint

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig