Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Guest Post | Dark Ombre Nails by Nicola - Chatty Nics



Hi everyone, I'm Nicola from chatty nics where I run a beauty and lifestyle blog but my main passion is nail art. The lovely Sarah offered for me to guest blog, I know she likes to feature NOTD posts so I thought I would show you all my latest favourite ombre combination - blue and black. It's not the most fitting for summer but it will be autumn before we know it! I also think the black would look good with red and a glitter over the top nearer christmas but anyway onto the nails!


I was recently sent Midnight's Secret by Jacava London (there is a full review on my blog) and it is the perfect royal blue for this look. It has a slight shimmer to it which makes it really easy to blend. For the black I used Sinful Colours Black on Black, this range is quite new in Boots and is really good value for money. All the polishes are £1.99 they last well and have a huge range of colours!

So get yourself a mid blue shade, a black and a sponge - this can be a cosmetic sponge or cleaning it doesn't make any difference to the effect.
 


Ombre is a really easy look to create. Start by painting your nails with the blue as a base coat then paint the black onto a sponge and gently press it onto the tips and half way down the nail. To soften the line where the two colours meet paint the blue onto the sponge and dab this over the join. Finish with a top coat to smooth it out, this also helps the colours to look more blended, and you're done!

I hope you've enjoyed this post and let me know if you try out this look! Thanks again to Sarah for letting my guest on her wonderful blog!

You can find me on bloglovin or twitter @chattynics.

Nic xx
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. The color is amazing I love <3



    http://marojaime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig