Friday, 23 August 2013

Models Own Velvet Goth Collection



Hi Everyone! 2013 seems to be the year for the release of tonnes of new nail polishes and Models Own are adding another new 5 nail polishes to their range. Say hello to the Velvet Goth Collection.
The Velvet Goth Collection consists of 5 dark and mysterious shades, Valerian: A rich bottle blue, Sardonyx: A blood scarlet red, Amethyst: A royal purple, Absinthe: A deep emerald green and Obsidian: A deep charcoal grey.

After trying out 3 of the shades from the Velvet Goth Collection I found that they apply glossy but dry matte, So here's me thinking that my nails were going to be rough to touch as the polish has a textured finish but to my surprise they look textured but feel smooth. Also if you're not keen on the matte finish you can always top it off with a gloss top coat.
The Velvet Goth nail polishes are also quick drying and out of the 3 shades I've tried I only had to apply 2 coats but personally I think Obsidian could have done with a 3rd. I love all the shades in the Velvet Goth Collection as full on glitter polishes can look a little OTT to wear daily but the velvet goth nail polishes are more subtle with their 2D finish but the hint of glitter and sparkle pieces gives a finish like no other.
They also come with cute colour matched fuzzy velvet caps too which I think looks rather ellegant.

The Models Own Velvet Goth Collection retails at £5 each and is launched exclusively at the Models Own Bottle Shop on the 24th August, On the Models Own Website from 2nd September, In Boots Stores Nationwide from 4th September and in Superdrug from 25th September.

Don't forget to follow @ModelsOwn on twitter and use #VelvetGoth to show off any Velvet Goth purchases or any Velvet Goth Manicures.

What's your favourite shade from the Velvet Goth Collection? Are you going to be purchasing any of the new range?

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.



SHARE:

8 comments

  1. These look great cant wait for them to come out! They look like they will be hard to take off afterwards though haha xx

    sleek-chic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked them, then I saw swatches online and was put off tbh. But your swatch of Absinthe makes me want to get that now. We'll see what'll happen. I do wonder if they're a pain to remove though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These actually look really nice, when I first heard the name I was a bit confused at what they were actually trying to do but it has worked out well. I especially like Absinthe, gorgeous colour!

    - Rhi | Beauty Bucket List

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Absinthe looks stunning! I can imagine it would be tough to remove though, but it probably wouldn't stop me haha...

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Absinthe looks stunning! I can imagine it would be tough to remove though, but it probably wouldn't stop me haha...

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Absinthe looks stunning! I can imagine it would be tough to remove though, but it probably wouldn't stop me haha...

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absinthe is so gorge. Like a goth mermaid. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Valerian is definitely my favourite of the three. I was curious as to what these would look like and I like what I've seen! I'm so fussy about textures and I was worried these might be a bit like the fur nail trend (which I couldn't stand) so I'm so pleased to see how these look - once my spending ban ends I may well pick one up! xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig