Thursday, 1 August 2013

Worth the hype? Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat





Hi Lovelies, Hope you are all having a lovely week! Last week I decided to bite the bullet and purchase the Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat after seeing so many people rave about it and even on of my favourite Bloggers - Dizzybrunette3 even wrote a poem about how much she loves it!
At a cost of £9 the Seche Vite Top Coat is a little more expensive than the top coats I have been using lately but I thought for the price it must be one of the best top coats EVER, But how wrong was I ?!

Acknowledged as the worlds finest top coat, it's formula 'claims' to allow it to penetrate through the nail lacquer to the base coat to form a single solid coating over the nail plate for a much more durable finish. Durable? Hell No, My nail polish lasted for one day and sometimes it didn't even make the same day without chipping and most of the times just peeling completely off the nail. I thought this might be because of the nail polish I was using underneath but I tried it with lots of other polishes and just the same thing happened.

The only advantages to this nail polish is that it dries your nails super quick and leaves them with a gorgeous shine that you just want to glare at all day, but then what's the point of all that if it's just going to peel off the next day or within the next couple of hours.
Since trying out this fail product I've read a few more reviews saying that people aren't using it properly, But how hard is it to use a top coat? I've been painting my nails since the age of 8, And yet even bog standard £3.99 Rimmel Top Coat can make my polish last for at least 3-4 days.

I really don't like giving a bad review on products but this is a complete fail for £9 and a complete waste of money. I now nickname it Seche Shitty rather than Seche Vite (Excuse the french) Ha.

I'm now on the lookout for a good fast drying top coat that will leave my nails chip/peel free for longer than one day, So if you lovelies have any recommendations then let me know.

Have you tried Seche Vite? Whats your favourite top coat?


SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I use this top coat and I looooove it. It doesn't peel off on me like you say (although not every products work the same in every person). You have to apply it with the nail polish that you use underneath it still wet. Apply a thick coat with minimum strokes possible. This is how I use it and it works wonders.

    xx
    BLOG | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | YOUTUBE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try it that way, but then surely with nail art it will smudge? xx

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting this for so long because everyone writes awesome review on this. Now I'm wondering if it's gonna work on me or not. I am currently using Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Top Coat and it's pretty amazing too. Might try Seche Vite when my Sally Hansen is out.

    Thanks for the review.
    Bella / everythingaboutbella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of trying that one next too xx

      Delete
  3. I've tried tried so many top coats and my favourite is the Rimmel Pro Super Wear Top Coat by far :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh I used that one last and loved it too xx

      Delete
  4. I've tried all kind of top coats and this one has beaten them all. It truly is the best top coat around. My polish stays a lot longer with it and the shine that comes with it... I love it. Too bad it did not work out for you :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm well gutted it didn't work out :( xx

      Delete
  5. This made me laugh! I wonder how you are 'suppose' to apply it then?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ! Maybe I need to hang upside down from the ceiling and do a few cartwheels HAHA :) xx

      Delete
  6. I really hate this too!! Im so glad someone agrees with me, i don't get it?! It makes me polish just peel off! ARGH! Shit! lol X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know !! LOVE YOUR COMMENT =D Seche Shitty xx

      Delete
  7. It's so refreshing to read an honest review. I find that with hyped products everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and don't like going against what the majority are saying - this results in a lot of disappointed readers.

    Salli
    xxx
    www.embracingtheenchanted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ARGHHH!!! I totally agree on this! Thank the lorrrrd...I did my (sadly) negative review a few weeks back and it felt like the most controversial thing ever, so glad to know it's not just me! I too found that my polish didn't even last a single day, and in fact my Barry M Top Coat is better!!

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no doesn't sound very good ive got it waiting for me to try out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am actually in the middle of writing the EXACT same review!
    I was SO SO disappointed with it after all the hype I've heard about it.
    I've never had a nail polish peel off before :/
    My sister has tried it also and without even realising the varnish on the whole nail just peeled straight off. She looked down to find just 4 nails with colour on.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig