Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Top 5 2013 Favourites | Nails



So after posting my 2013 makeup and blogger favourites it's now time for nails. Altogether I have just over 300 nail polishes in my collection, so as you can guess this was quite a challenge to narrow it down to just 5, well actually 4 nail polish favourites of 2013!

Nailene 200 Full Cover Nails in Petite Square - In just over 2 months I have already purchased 2 packs of these beauties! These have to be the best false nails I have ever worn including professional ones that I've had done in the salon!
These nails are perfect for small nail beds like mine and they are also just the right length for me to manage. You also get 200 nails in the pack (handy for me as I'm forever changing my nail colour) and I find that after applying, the nails will last for about 4-5 days with only the odd one pinging off, but that is easily resolved if you carry a spare glue in your bag!

Barry M Matte Espresso (Blog Post) - Every girl should have a black nail polish in their collection and this year we have seen tonnes of nail trends including the matte effect.
This is great worn matte with an accent gloss nail or if you don't fancy the matte effect you can always add a top coat. See my Back to Black NOTD which also features Nailene Petite Square Nails (mentioned above).

Essie Fiji (Blog Post) - This was one of the first Essie nail polishes I purchased this year and it's a firm favourite in my collection. It looks great on it's own but looks even better with glitter or sparkles on top. My favourite combo is Essie Fiji with Models Own Ibiza Mix.

Rimmel Space Dust in Aurora (Blog Post) - This is such a pretty nail colour that I've used nearly half the bottle up already! It's a pale, peachy-pink shade with silver glitter that contains micro shimmer and chunky glitters to give it a gorgeous textured finish.

MUA Pistachio Ice Cream (Blog Post) -  Earlier this year I was on the search for this nail polish for months as it was always sold out in every Superdrug within a 10 mile radius of me, yes I wanted it that bad! Until one day when I randomly noticed one bottle left on the shelf and it finally landed in my collection. This nail colour is a dupe for Essie's Mint Candy Apple yet it costs a fraction of the price as it costs only £1... YES ONE POUND!

What are your favourite nail polishes/nail products of 2013?


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. The MUA shade is so pretty, for me it's probably the best shade they've ever released :o). Happy New Year :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essie's Fiji was definitely a favorite!! OPI Mod about you, Essie's Sugar daddy, Essie's DJ play that song.. oh man, I'll stop.. Its so hard to pick favorites! Happy New Year!

    VeroSays.com

    xoVero

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have bought so many nail polishes this year! I seem to be an addict. Love your picks - the Rimmel Space Dust in Aurora is very pretty x
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try those falsies.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig