Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan



Cocoa Brown has lately become one of the most talked about fake tans. For a reasonable cost of £7.99 I thought I would put this tan to the test and see if it's better than some of my favourites.
I'm a Xen Tan and St.Tropez Girl at heart but for the expense of these tanning products they still don't really blow me away and for the cost they don't last that long either.

Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter 1 Hour Tan has experienced unprecedented success since it stormed the tanning market late last year and is now considered a cult beauty item by beauty insiders. It contains accelerating ingreedients that help it develope quickly and you can be left with a light tan after 1 hour or leave for 3 hours for a darker tan.

I have put this tan to the test by leaving it on for different durations. For my first test I was old school and left the tan on overnight, after showering in the morning I was left with a gorgeous deep, dark tan. For my second test I only left the tan on for 1 hour, this left me with a slight golden tinge but I wasn't happy with the results as I like the tan to be more noticeable. Leaving the tan for 1 hour would probably suit pale skin tones that are a little nervous about looking too dark.
Finally I left the tan on for 3 hours, this left my skin with a noticeable tan but I felt it wasn't as dark as leaving it on overnight but I still had a lovely tan.

To prep myself for tanning I tested out the Rough Stuff No Nonsense Scrub. This is a lovely smelling scrub that definatly banished my rough bits. I don't know if I'd repurchase this scrub as I'm a little biased and love my soap and glory!
To apply the tan I also used the Cocoa Brown Tanning Mitt, this is the best way to apply a tanning mousse as it helps to leave you with a smooth and flawless looking tan. It also helps to protect your hands from turning a dodgy orange colour too!

I'm really happy with Cocoa Brown's 1 Hour Tan. If I'm in a rush and I want to be tanned the same day I will leave on for 3 hours or if I can wait I will apply before bed and leave overnight.
This tan is also great because it contains Vegetable derived DHA and No Parabens so it's kind to sensitive skin. It also lasts on your skin for 5-7 days and fades lovely, Plus it doesn't have that biscuit fake tan scent! Bonus.

This product gets top marks from me. I love this product that much that I even put it in my 2013 favourites

Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter is available from Feel Unique & Superdrug.

Have you tried the Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan. What's your favourite tanning product?


SHARE:

2 comments

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig