Sunday, 5 January 2014

TAG | The Blogger Made Me Buy It!



I love a good old Tag Post! After seeing this Tag Post on Danielle aka Famous in Japan's Blog I thought I would give it a go. I'm feeling under the weather again at the minute so I thought it would be something fun to do that doesn't take much thinking or effort. Plus it's great to see how us bloggers influence each other and make us spend money!!

Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?

My most influential bloggers have to be Lily Melrose from LLYMLRS and etcLLYMLRS, I love her fashion sense and I 100% trust her with her beauty reviews. Kayleigh from Couture Girl, I trust her reviews and love her photography. Milly from Pearls and Poodles, Her reviews are great, she loves all the products I love and I love her makeup looks. Finally Corrie from Dizzybrunette3, I love her style and her reviews.

Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?

I normally read quite a few blogs if I'm unsure about a product but if I really want to purchase a product and one of my favourite bloggers mentioned above has given it a great review then I would purchase it.

What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?

My favourite item that I have purchased as a consequence of a blog has to be MAC Creme Cup. I had seen soooo many bloggers write great reviews about this lipstick and it looked so much better on the lips compared to in the tube. It is now my go-to lipstick and I need to repurchase another one soon.

What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?

Hmmm this is a hard one as I study long and hard before purchasing a product I'm unsure on. The one product I must say was a complete epic fail was L'oreal Gentle Eye Makeup Remover. A few blogs I had checked out said it was great and some even said it was a dupe of a high-end product but on me all it did was smudge my eye makeup and I had to use normal cleanser to remove the panda eye patches!

Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.

The most recent I purchased was Maybelline Color Tattoos in Eternal Gold and On and On Bronze (Blog Post coming soon) This was thanks to Couture Girl as I remembered her blogging about these a long time ago. Nailene Full Cover Nails in Petite Square thanks to etcLLYMLRS, I always thought her nails looked so lovely and natural; then I found out that she used these falsies that look really natural and not too long on the nails. Maybelline The Falsies thanks to Tanya Burr mentioning it on most of her YouTube Videos. Rimmel Apocalips in Aurora thanks again to etcLLYMLRS, She used the words dreamy and outstanding quality so I was sold right there! Finally Rimmel Space Dust in Aurora again thanks to etcLLYMLRS. I think I can safely say she is great at reviewing and thanks to her I have found some amazing products.

Have you ever given into blogger hype?  If so, which hype?

OMG I have given into quite a few blogger hypes but I'm normally a month behind as I like to make sure it's really worth it. The biggest hype I instantly gave into was the Maybelline Baby Lips. They are a bargain for £2.99 so it would have been rude not to!

Have you ever avoided blogger hype?  If so, which hype?

The one hype I have avoided is the Urban Decay Naked Palette hype. I have so many eye shadows and one of my everyday eye looks is neutral shades, so it would be completely pointless to purchase any of these palettes as I wouldn't use them plus they are a little pricey to just be stuck in my draw!

Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?

Most of the time you will see me shopping in Boots (or Superdrug) and after seeing a product I like I will conveniently Google it on my phone to see if there are any reviews. But sometimes I will just buy a product without checking, this is just mainly on nail polishes!

I Tag you all to do this post as it's really fun and it really does show us how us bloggers actually do influence each other. It may not be good on the bank balance though!


SHARE:

12 comments

  1. It's funny that you posted this because your definitely one of my biggest influences to buy products ;) I always trust your opinion on things so if I'm in two minds about buying something I check your blog!

    Hope you had a great Christmas lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *you're - clearly not I'm clearly not with it!

      Delete
  2. I did this tag too! I think we all bought the Urban Decay Naked Palette! :-)

    Jen xx
    http://kitsch-n-sync.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really good tag! I managed to resist the hype around Rimmel Apocolips but gave in to the Maybelline Baby Lips hype.

    Claire x

    www.desperateblogwife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag, I wasn't too fond of the L'Oreal Eye Make Up remover either and I'm the same about Urban Decay palettes x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love checking out reviews before buying any beauty product. It's safer.

    Jasmine xx For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tag! Bloggers make me buy so many things! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this tag! I'm the opposite.. I have given in to the Urban Decay Naked Palettes but not the Baby Lips haha! I think I'll do this tag :) I will let you know when I am done. xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading this posts, shows how easily swayed we all are! Im a new follower too and I did this post today, I'd love for you to come check it out at some point?

    www.beekle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always check your blog before buying, love it!
    http://livyarslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig