Monday, 3 March 2014

KIKO Denim Nail Lacquer



Hi Everyone. Hope you all had a lovely weekend. I can't believe we are in March already! The countdown to my birthday has officially started! Whoooop.
KIKO is such a great little brand and my previous post was about the gorgeous glow lips and cheeks which I've religiously been wearing for the last couple of weeks.

Today it's all about nail polishes... We all know I'm a huge nail polish junkie and just the one shelf in my wardrobe is full of nail polishes! To add to my ever growing collection I have the shades 461 (red) and 465 (blue). First of all I'm a little disappointed that these nail polishes don't have names, it's not a biggie but I think it's super boring when just numbers are given to them and not super cool names.
If you haven't guessed it yet, these nail polishes have an 'on trend' denim effect. Nail effects have been really popular over the last year and I really do like the denim look as it isn't too matte and has a really cool look about it.

The red shade is a pretty vibrant red which I find the denim finish really compliments. I find glossy red nail polishes really don't suit me and look a little too 'old' looking on my nails, but this really suits me as it is more of a trendier red. As for the blue shade... it's blue! After 2 coats it doesn't seem to have covered as well as the red shade and could have done with possibly a 3rd coat. This is a pretty shade but I find a lot of the denim nail polishes out there are blue, so I much prefer the red shade as it isn't your common denim colour.
The drying time with these nail polishes is really good, it's not super quick but a lot quicker than most nail polishes I own! I also find they last for around 2-3 days on my nails, this would probably increase if a top coat is added but you would then loose the denim effect.

Overall I'm really happy with these nail polishes, the red shade is my favourite and I can see myself wearing it a lot this season. The only petty downside is that they don't have names!

These nail polishes retail at £5.90 and are available in 8 gorgeous shades. They are available in KIKO Stores and online at Kikocosmetics.com.

What's your favourite KIKO product?


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Beautiful vibrant shades both of them. I have had a very bad nail experience from KIKO - the formula was very watery and the pigmentation almost non existent despite being a vibrant shade, but these are so pretty that I might give them another go :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like gorgeous shades, especially the blue one! X
    Elise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig