Sunday, 1 June 2014

NOTD | Beach Bag & Shades



Hi Everyone. Hope you have all enjoyed the sunshine today... Summer is finally here! Lets just hope it actually lasts us a while.
For my nail of the day I decided to use two of my favourite shades from the Models Own 'Polish for Tans' collection: Beach Bag & Shades.
Beach Bag is a light peachy orange shade and Shades is a bright coral pink. I thought these shades would look great together by doing a gradient effect on my nails.

Most of you should know how to achieve this look, but for those of you that don't it is super easy. All you need is a make up sponge (pictured above), then once your base coat is dry apply a stripe of each colour onto the sponge and press it down firmly onto your nail making sure the product covers all of your nail.
I normally apply 2-3 coats by repeating the previous step, then finish with your favourite top coat and remove any nail polish from the skin using nail polish remover and a cotton bud.

I love gradient nails as you can create so many different looks by trying out different colour mixes.

What are your favourite shades to use when doing gradient nails? Have you tried any of Models Own Polish for Tans nail polishes yet?

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. These colours are so pretty for summer, I bet these would look amazing with a tan and white shorts!
    http://missbeccabeauty.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are perfect holiday nails!! They look like a Hawaiian sunset hehe. xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bright summery shades. I love the gradient effect, Im going to give it a go
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not normally a fan of neon nails, but I love the ombre effect!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohh these are gorgeous shades and I love your gradient effect, super pretty! <3

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so gorgeous i have these colours so will definitely have to try doing a gradient :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So in love with these nails! Can't work out why gradients never work on my nails! Need to give it another go xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE these shades!
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig