Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Top 5 Summer Nail Polishes



Hi Everyone. Hope you are all enjoying your week so far. I thought summer was here the weekend after we had some gorgeous sunshine but today it is now pouring down with rain. Typical!

In preparation for summer here are my top 5 nail polish picks...

Models Own - Shades.
This nail polish is from the latest Polish for Tans collection. It is a gorgeous coral pink that looks great on your nails or toes with a summer tan. I'm not normally one for Barbie-like pink shades but this is a more 'wearable' pink for me as it has a slight coral tone.

Models Own - Beach Bag.
Beach Bag is my favourite shade out of the Polish for Tans collection. It is a pretty peachy orange shade that again looks great with a tan and is also a really fun colour for the summer.
I also teamed Beach Bag with Shades (above) in my last blog post to create a gradient/ombre nail effect (LINK).

Models Own - Cornflower Gleam.
As you can see Models Own is my favourite nail polish brand with the first 3 favourites being from them! Cornflower Gleam is from the Hyper Gel collection. This collection gives a high gloss full coverage finish just after one coat. Cornflower blue is also one of my favourite shades of blue and this looks really pretty on the nails.

Barry M Gelly - Sugar Apple.
Last year I was raving about MUA's Pistachio Ice Cream and this year I have found the perfect dupe for this summer... Barry M's Sugar Apple. This is a gorgeous pale mint green/blue that I could easily wear everyday on my nails as it goes with everything! Also every time I wear this nail polish I get so many complements on the colour.

Seventeen Nail Effects - Tropical Punch.
For my last nail polish I thought I would add a top coat. Seventeen's colour clash nail effect top coat in tropical punch is packed full of matte glitter in various sizes and has a mixture of peach, white, lime and blue micro pieces and also larger pieces.
I like to add this to different base coats to give different looks to my nails and lately I have been loving wearing it on top of a simple white base coat.

What are your favourite nail polishes for summer? Any you recommend?
Have you tried any of my favourites?


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Love all of these colours! Great picks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh lovely picks! I'm loving the look of Models Own Shades and the Seventeen one! Never seen those before xx

    Kate | raspberrycheeks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Barry M one, so pretty!

    books-and-memories.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig