Wednesday, 1 October 2014

15 Minute Meals | Poached Eggs



Hi Everyone. Hope you all had a lovely weekend and are having a lovely week so far. I thought I would start a new series of blog posts called '15 Minute Meals'. Having a busy lifestyle with my full time job and the little one I find that once I've finished work and spent over an hour in the kitchen cooking and tidying up, it's nearly 8pm until I finally get to sit down! I love meals that are quick, easy and most of all healthy.
One of my favourite quick meals is a very simple poached eggs on crumpets.

What I used:

4 Medium British Lion Eggs
4 Warburton (or any other brand) Crumpets
12 Mushrooms halved
1 Cal Fry Light Olive Oil
Black Pepper
Low Fat Butter (For Crumpets)

Serves 2 | Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cooking Time: 10 Minutes

This meal is pretty easy to rustle up. I start by halving my mushrooms and add them to my wok with a couple of sprays of 1 Cal Fry Light. I then add a little water to the bottom of my egg poacher then crack the eggs open into the dividers. If you want to make poached eggs the proper way you can do so, but I prefer to make them in the poacher as it makes it a little easier.
The eggs will only need between 5-7 minutes on a medium heat, even mine went over a couple of minutes and wasn't runny like I usually have them. While the eggs are cooking and you are keeping an eye on your mushrooms pop your crumpets in the toaster until toasted.
Finally it's time to plate up. I add a generous amount of low fat butter to my crumpets, place the poached eggs on top and finish with the mushrooms on the side and a touch of black pepper on top to season... Bon App├ętit.

This meal is super simple and one of my favourites to eat at least once a week whether it's for breakfast, lunch or dinner. There are so many different recipes out there that you can try using poached eggs.

Are these series of blog posts something you'd like to see? Do you have any favourite 15 Minute Meals?

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. This looks lovely! It's always good when meals don't take too long to cook :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good. I've never tried to poach eggs before but this looks really nice so I'm going to have to give it a go.

    Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, this looks delicious, I love simple easy meals!
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig