Monday, 3 November 2014

Monthly Favourites | October



Hi Lovelies. It feels like FOREVER since I have done a monthly favourites blog post. In my AWOL blog post I mentioned how I had been super busy over the last couple of months and had completely lost track with blogging. I have now become more organised with my blog and have come up with a schedule, so now I should be back to blogging a good 3-4 times per week **Insert smiley emoji**.

During October I have been loving quite a lot of products, some products I have tried previously and have found my love for them again, and I have also found some new amazing products too that I'm glad to have tried out.

Vita Liberata Phenomenal Luxury Tan.
I had seen many raving reviews about this product over the last year so I took the plunge to try it out. This is a dark tanning lotion that I apply with my Vita Liberata Mitt. For the tan to last for 2-3 weeks it needs to be applied three days in a row. I applied the tan two evenings in a row and I was left with a dark flawless tan that had an even fade and lasted me for nearly 2 weeks without needing to reapply!! This is now one of my tanning must-haves and I will have a full review on my blog in the next couple of weeks.

Tresemme Salon Sleek Smoothing Serum.
This has been one of my favourites for a number of years. I haven't used this product for a good number of months and my hair was starting to feel dry and fizzy last month so I decided to repurchase it. Two pumps of this serum in the ends of your hair leaves it super smooth without any frizz in sight. It's a miracle in a bottle!

Tresemme Keratin Smooth Deep Treatment Masque.
I have been loving this product for a couple of months now but in October I have noticed a huge difference in my hair after using it. I apply this to the ends of my hair for 5 minutes, 2 times per week and not only has my hair felt more smooth after using it, my hair has also grown rather quick over the last couple of months too. I don't know if this product has actually made my hair grow but it has helped to make the ends of my hair stronger to prevent any breakages.

Boots Tea Tree Peel Off Face Mask.
While on the rummage in Boots for a face mask as my skin was feeling rather oily and spotty, I came across one of Boots own peel off face masks. This contains antibacterial Tea Tree Oil and Which Hazel, which helped to calm my skin leaving it soothed and cleansed. The mask is also super easy to remove as it just peels off your skin once it's completely dry.

MUA Pitch Black Nail Polish.
After I had used up my favourite black nail polish, I decided to try out MUA's Pitch Black. MUA's nail polishes retail for only £1 and I think the quality of the nail polishes are as good as any other drugstore brand. I have been wearing this shade a lot during October and think I will need to repurchase another soon!

Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 1.
This eyeshadow palette is a dupe for Urban Decay's first Naked Palette. This dupe palette contains 2 matte and 10 shimmer shades and contain the majority of the shades that I like to wear everyday. For a bargain of only £4 I love this palette and I have many other Makeup Revolution Palettes too. The eyeshadows last all day without a primer but I do like to wear them on top of my Makeup Revolution matte primer as this helps to intensify the true colour.
I could rave about this palette all day but a full review on these palettes will be on my blog soon.

Rimmel Black Gel Eyeliner.
I first purchased this product a couple of years ago and it lasted me for ages. Since using it all up I tried out different felt liners but decided to repurchase it again last month as I needed it back in my makeup bag. This gel eyeliner gives a super dark black finish that lasts all day and last time it lasted me for nearly 10 months without drying out.

L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick - Julianne's Nude.
While in Boots last month on the hunt for a new foundation, I thought it would be rude not to take advantage of the 3 for 2 so I opted for this nude lip colour as I had used up all of my favourite MAC Creme Cup Lipstick. This is practically a dupe for MAC's Creme Cup as it is very similar in shade and it also has a gorgeous creamy formula like MAC's Cremesheen Lipsticks. I will have a full review of this product including swatches on my blog over the next couple of weeks.

What products have you been loving over the last month? Any recommendations?

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Love the look on that makeup revolution palette, really want to purchase one!

    Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must. They are amazing for the price x

      Delete
  2. Great post! The Loreal lipstick looks gorgeous!

    Missmacbeauty | Missmacbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lipstick looks so gorgeous! And of amazing quality too (if you can tell that from a picture haha!) I also love Make Up Revolution and one of their palettes is going to feature in my favourites for this month. Love your pics too :) xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The L'Oreal Lipstick is fab. Going to do a dupe post with MAC Cremecup soon x

      Delete
  4. I actually need a new hair mask so this one looks like a good potential. Plus I could treat myself to that lipstick while I'm there ;)

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks amazing! the makeup revolution palette looks fantastic and I definitely want to get it!
    -Sisi
    Modern Beauty Girl
    Other Modern Girl

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig