Saturday, 17 January 2015

My Current Favourite Foundations


On of my top makeup products that I couldn't live without is my foundation. It hides a multitude of sins and leaves you with a flawless finish... What more could a girl ask for. I'm not usually one to have tonnes of base products but thought I would share some of my all time favourite foundations.


Bourjois Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix - This foundation has been in my collection for a good number of years now (obviously not the same one) ever since it used to be in its old plastic packaging but was replaced by a more sleek glass bottle and also better formula. The radiance reveal healthy mix foundation is the perfect everyday, drugstore foundation. It gives my skin a medium coverage and leaves a dewy, radiant finish. It also lasts all day on my skin without going patchy which I found the old formula used to start going patchy after a number of hours. I have the shade #54 Beige and I highly recommend this foundation if you are looking for an everyday drugstore product that leaves you with radiant skin.

L'Oreal True Match Foundation - I remember purchasing this foundation about 6 years ago after noticing how fab my friends skin looked and she recommended this foundation. Unlike Bourjois Healthy Mix I find this doesn't leave a dewy finish but more of a natural finish without being matte or cakey on the skin. This product helps to even out my skin tone without masking it completely so it looks really natural.
I have the shade D3.W3 Golden Beige and this foundation has a medium coverage which is buildable for a made-to-measure finish. It also contains SPF 17.

Clinique Even Better - One of my all time favourite Clinique foundations was Repairwear but this is a full coverage foundation and I found it started to mask my skin a little too much, so I decided to try out Even Better instead. This foundation provides a medium-full coverage without masking the skin too much. It's super light on the skin and leaves skin looking brighter and more radiant. This product also helps to even skin tone and contains SPF 15 to prevent future uneven skin tone.
In Clinique Even Better I have the shade 05 Neutral.

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua -  This is one of my most recent additions to my foundation collection after seeing so many beauty guru's rave about it. This is such a super light foundation and after shaking it, it literally glides onto the skin without any effort. I'd say this product gives a more light-medium finish but the finish is unlike any foundation I have tried before. It leaves your skin looking super fresh, dewy and it also evens out my skin tone. My skin looks super radiant yet natural and it lasts all day on my skin too. It also contains SPF 15 to protect your skin from damaging rays and I have the shade 30 Beige.
This really is a bottle of perfection.

And finally it would be rude not to mention one of my all time favourite foundation brushes that I apply ALL of my foundations with... The Sigma Flat Kabuki F80. This brush makes life so much easier to apply my foundation as it buffs it into the skin with minimal effort. If you are looking for a foundation brush then I highly recommend this one.

What are your current favourite foundations?

SHARE:

23 comments

  1. I loved my sample of the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua! My current favorite is Covergirl 3 in 1 as it combines primer, foundation, and setting powder all in one. Not sure if you would like it though since you seem to like foundations with dewy finishes :)

    Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking to get a new foundation and I like the sound of the clinque even better

    Leanne x
    www.oohsimplething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I'm currently looking for some new foundations I could use, this post was super nice to read! :)

    Franzi x // franzizzy.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is one of my favourite foundations, I love it!

    Kimberley x | Kimberley's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking at the Bourjois one for ages and I think you've just persuaded me to go buy it! Lovely post x

    http://planet-alisha.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty much the same as mine. I am currently using True match but Chanel and Healthy Mix are all time faves!

    Kay, ohkay-dohkay.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Bourjois one! It's lovely!

    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the serum version of Bourjois Healthy Mix, this formula sounds really great too! Haven't tried Chanel's Vitalumiere but I looked at it the other day it seemed nice, after reading this I may have to go back and ask for a sample! x

    www.madeleineslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really wish the Vitalumiere foundation came in darker shades. I've heard nothing but good things about it. I've also heard good things about that Loreal foundation. I need to try it soon!

    Follow me to Fancieland!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love L'Oreal True Match but really want to try Chanel Vitalumiere because everyone seems to rave about it! xo

    Jenny | That Northern Gal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your post! I currently fancy Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup, it's oil free, which works great for my skin. I would like to try Chanel Vitolumier foundation ♡
    https://www.lifelovebeautyparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. I'd wanted it for ages after seeing Fleur de Force use it all the time. I was also lucky enough to get Georgio Armani luminous silk for Christmas and that is amazing. Love it! I have always wanted to try L'oreals true match but never got round to it - you've made me want to dash out to Boots now! Lovely informative post.

    Beating Around the Blush

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post, I love Healthy Mix :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clinique Even Better was my the first ever foundation I got. Which was my holygrail bit find it now too thick, I prefer tinted moisturizer like the one from Nars or MAC face and body that are so light on the skin. I'm dying to try Chanel Vitalumière.

    www.lightsfashionbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually would like to try the channel , im currently in love with the urban decay foundation at the moment aftr i used estee lauder double wear last year , estee lauder was no good for my dry skin in the winter , urban decays more natural and works best for my skin hoping so in summer

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to finish one of my foundations so I don't feel guilty about trying the Vitalumiere one!

    As for the burjois, I really like the healthy mix serum one, though I find shade 53 to bit a tad too dark for me. However I am out of luck since that is the lightest shade they carry in my country!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chanel Vitalumiere is my favourite too. I love how light it feels. My skin is very dry but this is the best foundation I have used so far and my skin loves it!

    http://www.jemijams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to try the Chanel foundation, heard so many good things! Good choice on the Clinique I enjoyed using that one too :) The Bourjois one oxidised really bad on me though xx

    littlemisslifestyle271.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Out of those pictured above, I love the Bourjois and the L'Oreal ones the most. But the one I am currently obsessing over is the Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation, it is fantastic, and totally recommend it.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. My current favourite foundation is the Bourjois Healthy Mix, its the best one i've found for my skin :) Great choices i also like the L'Oreal one too!
    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do love Bourjois healthy mix, and it's so cheap too. My ultimate fave has the be Double Wear or Sheer Glow though! Little sad to know the Chanel foundation is only light to medium coverage, always wanted to try it x

    Through New Eyes | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been dying to try that Chanel foundation. Maybe one day when my budget allows me to, I'll purchase it! :)

    Leather & Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh I really want to try the Chanel one! I'm using the Estée lauder double wear at the moment which is fantastic! Would definitely recommend :)

    Bex x

    bubblybex3.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig