Thursday, 26 March 2015

New Favourite | L'Oreal Infallible 24H-Matte

Loreal Infallible 24 Matte Foundation Review Photo
L'Oreal Infallible 24H-Matte RRP £7.99
I'm a nightmare when it comes to trying out a new foundation. When it comes to drugstore foundations I usually stick to my favourites, but as soon as I saw the advert for the new Infallible 24H-Matte Foundation I literally dashed out the next day to purchase it.

I was a huge fan of the original Infallible foundation so I knew the matte version wouldn't disappoint. It may be matte but it doesn't give you a full on mattified, cakey finish, but a natural semi-matte finish that still allows your natural glow to come through. It is also surprisingly light on your skin considering it's a full coverage foundation.

Loreal Infallible 24 Matte Foundation Review Photo
Loreal Infallible 24 Matte Foundation Review Photo

I have the shade Sand which is the perfect shade for me, at the moment it is only available in 6 shades but I'm sure more shades will gradually be introduced. The packaging is also quite simple but I do prefer plastic tube foundations rather than glass bottles, as when you think you have completely run out, there is a good handful of applications lurking at the bottom! So at least with a plastic tube you can cut off the top and get your moneys worth.
Another great addition to the packaging is the handy table at the back that gets straight to the point in telling you the texture, coverage and finish of the foundation, plus a handy pro-tip.

One thing I must mention with this foundation is even though it doesn't give you a full on matte finish you still need to moisturise any dry areas as the foundation will cling to them. I also like to apply my favourite BD Trade Secrets Primer underneath to minimise my pores and it is the perfect base for any foundation.
I can't comment on the 24 hour part but it does last me all day without the need of a top up.

Have you tried the new L'Oreal Infallible 24H Matte? What's your favourite foundation?
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I bought this foundation the other day too, after seeing the advert, and I absolutely love it! The finish is perfect for me. Great review x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo sounds good! its a pity that it only comes in 6 shades! Colour match is always an issue for me! Great Post! xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tempted by this as I never go for a matte as worried about it caking but this does look good :) x

    Lucy
    Www.pltlucy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good but I'm a little vary due to how it clings to dry areas because I used something similar before and it made my skin really sensitive!

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the next foundation I'll be buying! I really love the sound of it, and I always get oilier as the warmer months kick in so have been looking for a matter foundation!

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this foundation at the moment. I definitely didn't think I would like it quite as much as I do!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried this as of yet but I did buy it last week and I can't wait to give it a try. The only reason I haven't tried it so far is because I bought two new foundations at the time and I'm trying out the other one. I picked this up because London Beauty Queen raved about it and said it's a bit of a dupe for NARS' newest foundation, so that sold it for me! x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was really excited to get my hands on this foundation however I was slightly disappointed with it. It kinda leaves a powdery finish behind.

    - www.thewordsofbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful, neat blog .. Had to follow ;D
    makeupforlunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's very strange because in America, the packaging on the back says that the foundation is actually demi-matte (even though it's marketed as matte). Like on the back of the tube it has listed matte, demi-matte, satin and demi-matte is checked. Odd. I wonder if it's the same formula over here in the States? Either way, I still like the foundation and I typically don't like many drugstore foundations.

    Xo,
    Emily | EMBUR.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ive never tried l'oreal foundation until this year, i tried the true match and love it, so i might give this one a go too as i prefer a matte finish.

    http://leannewinters.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard so many good things about this! As an oily-skinned girl I think I might need to make a purchase! xx

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this foundation but the colour range is so poor! I love this post though :)

    Karan// studentbeautyhack

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm actually going to purchase this tomorrow, I've heard soooo many good reviews on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,
    what is the differences between this >http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/Products/Makeup/Face/Foundation/Infallible-Pro-Matte-Foundation.aspx?shade=Sun-Beige-106 Or they are the same but different packaging shape?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this foundation! It's perfect for my oily skin.

    Lauren xx
    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig