Saturday, 21 March 2015

intu Merry Hill SS15 VIP Fashion Event

Image credit: Cotswold Allure
This week I was extremely fortunate to be invited to the intu Merry Hill Press & Blogger VIP Fashion Event, showcasing the latest Spring/Summer 2015 trends from 7 different retailers. Below are images I snapped of all of the gorgeous outfits from the event, all styled by fashion stylist, Lola Royle. So be warned, this post is 'photo heavy'.



New Look.

This season New Look have a range of floral and jungle prints. I'm in love with the Orange blazer in the first outfit as this will brighten up any summer dress, and would also look fab with a pair of skinny jeans and a simple tee. Plus that beach bag 
In the second outfit we are seeing more jungle print with a very daring jungle print blazer and look at those shoes... I definitely need to bag myself some of those ready for the summer.
Co-Ordinates are also key this season and the third outfit has a bold jungle print and the pastel sandals are stunning.


Phase Eight.

Until this fashion evening I had never heard of Phase Eight. Phase Eight is a feminine, practical yet sophisticated retailer. The first outfit on the catwalk completely took my eye, it has a gorgeous floral design and would be perfect for me to wear for work during the summer. The length of this dress is practical too, as I'm turning Twenty *cough* Seven this month, I can't get away with the short skater dresses like I used to, plus they wouldn't be practical for during the day!
The second outfit is casual and laid back but those trousers are gorgeous. These would be perfect for work, or even a night out.
The third outfit had a very 40's/50's feel to it and complimented the models 40's Dita Von Teese hairstyle.


Warehouse.

I used to be a fan of Warehouse when I was about 17/18 but started to loathe it as to me their clothes seemed to get really tacky, but after seeing their collection, I was completely won over again.
I love the dress in the first outfit with it's jungle-esque pattern and this would look lovely for work during the summer and you could add a pair of tights to carry on wearing it during the winter.
The second outfit had a 70's style about it. Layering is huge again this season and the crochet cardi is gorgeous and would even look fab with a pair of shorts and a simple tee.
The third outfit has to be one of my favourites from Warehouse. I love the tailored sleeveless jacket and the patterned trousers are a must have.


Oasis.

Oasis aren't afraid of a little print this season. In the first outfit I love the yellow shopper bag and those jeans in the second outfit are absolutely stunning. The trousers in the third outfit are my favourite. You could team them with a simple black top or pick from any other colours in the pattern for a colour clash effect that works.


Topshop.

In the first outfit for Topshop I'm not a fan at all of the jacket, but the top and skirt look perfect teamed together.
The second outfit is one of my favourites. I love the skirt and top teamed together and this skirt would look fab with a pair of heels on a night out, or even with a pair of Converse for a relaxed, casual daytime look.
The third outfit is extremely sophisticated. I love the shirt with the fringe necklace and the waterfall jacket finishes the outfit perfectly.


River Island.

River Island is one of those shops that I have a love/hate relationship with. Sometimes I will walk in and absolutely love everything, other times I will think 'why the hell did I come in here?'.
I love the floral co-ords in outfit number one but those shorts, ARE SHORT. I think out of this co-ord set I would purchase the jacket to team with a pair of blue or denim shorts.
The second outfit I LOVE. The model looks absolutely FIERCE in this combo. At first I thought 'what the hell' but the outfit has really grown on me and I love the clash of patterns. Plus the skirt has so much detail to it.
The trousers in the third outfit also have an on-trend jungle pattern and they look perfect teamed with a crop top. I also love the body chain too as this finishes the outfit off perfectly, knowing me if I purchased one of these I would get in a muddle trying to put it on!


Diffusion.

Diffusion is one of my favourite retailers. The tie dye kaftan looks perfect with white skinny jeans but would also be a fab accessory while on holiday for over your bikini or to wear of an evening.
The second outfit is a co-ord set. The top is actually really long, so if you were very daring you would wear this as a dress. I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about this outfit. One minute I love it and the next I don't. It's not something I would wear but on the right person I think this would look perfect.


I had such a fantastic evening at the intu Merry Hill SS15 Fashion Event. It was lovely to catch up with some of my favourite bloggers but it has made me want to buy so many things!!

What's your favourite outfit for Spring/Summer 2015?

All images taken by Sarah | Ohh So Glam
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Done amazing outfit! Sounds like a fun event
    Www.missljbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s have you entered my #geekgirl giveaway?

    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just have it all please? I have to say my favourite looks are Phase Eight, Oasis, Warehouse & Topshop. I love how Warehouse is really upping there game, they've always played second fiddle to the likes of Topshop but I love their tailoring and have a slightly more mature, sophisticated look but are still a little playful! Looks like a fabulous event.
    Bee xxx
    QueenBeady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you. The shirt dress from Warehouse is top of my 'to buy' list x

      Delete
  5. To be honest, I like your blog very much! I think that you do a great job! Everything is so beautiful! I know that blog requires much time, but keep doing it!

    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments hun it really means a lot x

      Delete
  6. What I would give to attend something so glamorous!
    www.anythingbeautygoes.com

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig