Sunday, 29 March 2015

Lavender Hair ♡

Lavender Hair Blog Purple Hair

If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you may already know that I decided to do a little something different with my hair. I'm turning 27 on Tuesday **cries** and thought it would be nice to have something different for a change and also something that wasn't pernament.
After lusting over Victoria from In the Frow's hair, I decided on a light purple shade which at first I was going to put all over the ends of my hair, but decided on just adding it to random strands.

Manic Panic Purple Haze Review, Lavender Hair
Manic Panic Purple Haze Review, Lavender Hair

After hours of searching the internet on the actual colour I was going to buy, I decided on Manic Panic Purple Haze. First of all, all Manic Panic products are Vegan, so they haven't been tested on animals nor do they contain any animal ingredients.
This huge pot cost £9.99 and it will last you for ages if you dilute it with conditioner to give you a lighter shade. I mixed 1 part purple haze to 10 parts conditioner, this helped me to achieve a pretty lavender colour, but if you wanted it to be more vibrant, you would use less conditioner or even no conditioner.

I picked out random strands from my hair and applied the colour. I'm still wearing a couple of peices of my favourite Dirty Looks Hair Extensions that I have cut to the same length as my hair to add volume, so I also picked some random strands from these, applied the colour and covered with foil. I left the colour to develop for approx 15 minutes, but if you want more of a vibrant effect you can leave for longer.

I'm really happy with the colour that I have achieved. I have washed my hair 4 times since colouring and it has only faded a tiny bit. These hair colours are perfect if you feel like doing something different that isn't going to be permanent, plus they have tonnes of colours that would look fab together. Shocking Blue and Cleo Rose would look perfect with Purple Haze, maybe I will be daring and add those next time?

What do you think of this hair colour? What's your favourite Manic Panic shade?
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. This shade of purple looks lovely on your blonde hair and I like how you have done random strands :) x

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice Inspirations

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same Manic Panic but I have dark brown hair and it doesn't really show up only in the sun. I have been waiting to try it for so long.

    Awkwardgirlx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this :) it's so subtle but still gives a splash of colour! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how it turned out. Wish i could get one of those exotic colours done, but the joys of the job do not allow... sigh!
    www.anyrhingbeautygoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I wish I could do that! I have dark hair and temporary colours never really work!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks lovely this colour! I was actually contemplating doing something similar with my hair, but it's only short so it would look a little strange. I am considering dying my entire head though at the moment! Thanks for sending your link over in the twitter chat!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so nice! I'm so tempted...

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing! I love how it came out. I am also dyeing my hair hot pink for summer!

    EricaRosa Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so pretty and perfect for spring! I really want to do something with my hair now!

    Sarah

    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks gorgeous!! I definitely couldn't pull this off!x

    http://ariannachatz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair looks lovely..

    Sam|| www.beautydetour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig