Friday, 20 March 2015

TGIF | Broadway Impress Press-on Manicure


Thank God it's FRIDAY! What better way to get in the mood for the weekend than with these TGIF falsies by Broadway Nails.
I'm an avid wearer of false nails and always apply them myself. While having a rummage through my nail polish collection to pick which colour to wear for the weekend, I noticed these press-on manicure nails that I received over a year ago from a blogger event and thought I would give them a try. Plus I thought the TGIF design was fitting too.

I think I didn't rush to try these nails when I received them at an event because the 'No Glue Required' scared me. How on earth are they going to last without any glue? After finding the correct size nail for your own nails there is a plastic film you need to peel off that will reveal the adhesive. Apply to your nail, press firmly for 30 seconds and voilla, you are left with mess free, no damage nails... but do they last?


The first thing I must mention is to apply your thumb nails last. It does say this on the back of the packaging, but me being me, I didn't read it until after I struggled to remove the film for the remaining 8 nails! The TGIF design is also pretty too, a white base colour with a pretty floral design, perfect for spring/summer. 

Now for the important bit, did they last? No! I followed the instructions on the back not to get them wet for a minimum of 30 minutes and left them for over 2 hours before I washed my face before bed. This is where they all instantly fell off! As I was removing my makeup they fell off one by one. This is pretty ridiculous as you would have to be one unhygienic bugger to wear these nails if they can't take a bit of water!

I really love the designs that are available in the press-on manicures but for £7.99 from Superdrug it's definitely not worth it if they aren't even going to last for 2 hours! Fair enough they aren't as damaging to your nails but my favourite Nailene Full Cover Nails don't damage my nails and my nails grow underneath them, plus they last for at least a week on my nails. 

All in all these were an epic fail!

Have you tried Broadway's press-on manicure? What are your favourite falsies?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I've tried these before and I had the exact same results. I followed all the instructions and they only lasted a few hours before they started coming off. It's a shame because the design is really nice!
    sammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried these before and I had the exact same results. I followed all the instructions and they only lasted a few hours before they started coming off. It's a shame because the design is really nice!
    sammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate press on nails with a passion... They don't even last one night and I remember I ran my fingers through my hair and my hair got stuck - ergh it makes me cringe!! I get my nails done at a salon now and go back for infils haha

    allthatshimmers.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Press-on nails never last!

    P.s have you entered my #geekgirl giveaway?

    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig