Monday, 20 April 2015

My Top 5 Spring/Summer Lipsticks

Spring/Summer Lipsticks 2015, Review, Swatches

Following on from my Top 5 Spring/Summer Nail Polishes blog post, I thought it would be rude not to share my favourite lipsticks that I will be sporting this Spring/Summer as my lipstick collection is gradually growing bigger than my nail polish collection!

Here are my top picks...

Spring/Summer Lipsticks 2015, Review, Swatches
Spring/Summer Lipsticks 2015, Review, Swatches
Spring/Summer Lipsticks 2015, Review, Swatches

NYX Butter Gloss - Maple Blondie*. Okay so my first pick isn't actually a lipstick but is a butter gloss. I love NYX lip products and their butter glosses are my favourite. They aren't sticky like lip glosses and are super nourishing. Maple Blondie is a pretty peachy pink shade that is packed full of colour. It also smells like a Vanilla Cupcake too... Yum!

Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm- Demure. I rediscovered this lip colour and forgot how much I actually loved it. It's a light nude pink shade that has a gorgeous golden shimmer. It has a sheer balm finish that feels really light on your lips and also has a refreshing peppermint scent too which I really love.

MAC Pure Zen. I recently added this lip colour to my collection (see review here) while on the prowl in MAC for a new lipstick for Spring/Summer. It has a creamsheen finish which is my favourite as it doesn't dry out on your lips and lasts for a good number of hours. The colour is also stunning, it's a peach nude that isn't too light so your haven't got to worry about having concealer-like lips!

BD Trade Secrets - Designer*. This is another lipstick that has recently been added to my collection and is available from Tesco. After trying out Designer I knew it would be one of my favourites for Summer as it's a gorgeous pinky coral shade. On my swatch above it looks quite pink but on your lips it has more of a coral tone.

KIKO Rock Idol - Rossetto. This lip colour is from KIKO's Rock Idol Collection which was released last year. Unlike my other lipsticks this has a semi-matte finish. I don't find it drying at all on my lips, but I do like to apply a lip balm before I apply just to make sure my lips are super smooth. The colour is a gorgeous coral toned red that is perfect for adding a pop of colour to your lips.

What are your favourite lip colours for Spring/Summer?
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I really want to try some Kiko cosmetics! I've heard so many good things and that lipstick shade is gorgeous.. perfect for summer too! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that nyx butter gloss looks really lovely, love the shade ! great picks ! x

    CLUB AVENUE / http://club-avenue.blogspot.com / instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Revlon Lip Lacquer in Demure too and have totally forgotten how gorgeous it is! Will need to dig it out soon x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. that kiko lipstick looks soo pretty! have heard soo many good things about kiko cosmetics! so will totally check them out! xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous selection! Mac Zen looks so pretty, and I've been meaning to try the NYX butter glosses for a while now :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the nude/light pink shade of the MAC lipstick :)

    Pop over to my blog and see what I'm upto :)

    Sarah

    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Demure is my favourite. But where can I get Nyx products in the UK?

    Sam|| www.beautydetour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Revlon Colorburst Lacquer and Matte Balms have to hands down be my overall favorite lip product from the drugstore, and that's saying a lot for me. I just think they're so creamy and the matte ones are so pigmented and colorful. They also just apply so easily. Can you tell I'm a little obsessed with them? Haha :)

    Xo,
    Emily | EMBUR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love love love the nyx butter glosses! they are my favourite formulation of gloss.
    i love MAC crosswires for spring and summer, such a gorgeous colour!

    brooke | brooke elise beauty

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Kiko lipstick looks goregous! I love the colour too.

    Neelam // neelamjayna.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Revlon Lip Lacquer.. it's a your lips but better shade x x

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig