Thursday, 14 May 2015

Hello Summer Glow


Finally, we have had some gorgeous warm spring weather over the last couple of weeks (even though it's pouring with rain today) and it's time to wave goodbye to our winter white skin and say hello to a gorgeous summer glow!

I love having a tan, not only does it make your skin look more healthy during the summer months, it also makes me feel more confident when I'm baring a little more skin or getting my legs out. I do love to have a dark golden tan in the summer but on the build up from winter to summer, I prefer to use a gradual tanner so you haven't got that huge transition from white to super dark!

St Moriz is a brand that I have used in the past and one of my favourite products is their Dark Tanning Mousse. Be warned this product will leave you with super dark (3 weeks in Jamaica) skin so it's not for the faint hearted. St Moriz are known for their bargain fake tanners and I'm glad they have launched a gradual tanner as it's priced at a super reasonable £4.99 and it will be good to see how it compares to my favourite St Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan which is priced at £14.50


St Moriz Gradual Tanning Lotion is perfect to apply either during or after the winter months as it's super moisturising on the skin. Before applying I like to exfoliate any dry patches, concentrating on my knees, elbows and feet, to ensure that I get an even tan without any scary patches. I also usually moisturise a couple of hours before to ensure that I have banished every dry patch in sight.

To use the product I like to use a tanning mitt as it ensures a more even, streak-free application. Plus it also prevents you from getting dodgy-looking orange palms! Cringe. I usually apply the product before bed so I can leave it to work its magic while I sleep for 6-8 hours. You will wake up smelling like a digestive biscuit, but I'm yet to find a fake tanner that doesn't smell biscuity!

After one application I'm left with a natural golden glow and you can use the tanner everyday to build the colour up. Then in the summer when I like more of a darker glow, I will use it in between applications of my tanning mousse to maintain my tan.

This product is great for the paler girls out there that are looking for a fake tanning product that isn't going to make them look like a Wotsit and it's great for me even though I have more olive toned skin as I can apply it after the winter months for a healthy golden glow and during the summer to help maintain my tan.

I highly recommend this tanning product and if you are looking for a new gradual tanner this spring/summer then you must give St Moriz a try.

St Moriz Gradual Tanning Lotion retails at £4.99 and is available from Boots.com and high street stores nationwide.

What's your favourite gradual tanner? 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've never tried any self tanners but lately I've been thinking about purchasing one! Maybe I should try this one as it sounds quite good :)

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig